- Trinity Episcopal Church Service led by Pastor Paul Kosel 5pm held every Sunday
- Dec 8: Show Choir Tour of Homes 1-5pm (includes homes belonging to Karla Pasteur, Tom & Barb Paepke, Glenn & Wendy Cooper, Lisa Adler, & Suzy Oliver) also refreshments will be served at the High School throughout the day (tickets can be purchased from any show choir member, First State Bank, Lori’s Pharmacy and Olde Bank Floral ‘N More)
- Dec 17: Holiday Lighting Contest, Groton Transit will have transportation available for those who would like to judge the contest
- Dec 21: Santa comes to Groton 12:30pm-4pm at the GHS Gym- Movie Time and Santa will arrive at 4pm, Shop Groton 12:30pm-4pm
- Jan 26: 2014 Carnival of Silver Skates Ice Skating Carnival 2pm & 6:30pm
- May 3: 2014 City-Wide Spring Rummage Sales 8am-3pm
For Sale: 1988 Chevrolet 70 series truck with Telelect TS-402 Bucket Body. 366 cu in engine, new hoses, 25,300 miles, 2600 PTO hours, 40 ft bucket height, fiberglass side compartments. Call Ward at 605-397-7459. Send bids to City of Groton, PO Box 587, Groton, SD 57445 by Dec 16, 2013.
For Sale: ABB Substation Transformer, 5000 KVA, HV 6900, LV 4160Y/2400, 6250 with fans, 5 position Tap Changer, Manufactured 06/2006. Call Ward at 605-397-7459. Send bids to City of Groton, PO Box 587, Groton, SD 57445 by Dec 16, 2013.
Groton Fire & Rescue Donations can be mailed to PO Box 438, Groton, SD 57445.