Complex Address: 400 W 3rd Avenue
2017 GATE FEES
- YOUTH (0-17) Free
- ADULT (18+) $3 per regular season games or $25 per season ticket
2017 FEES TO PLAY
- $100- Legion, Jr. Legion, 13-14 Jr. Teeners
- $50 - 8 & Under Pee-Wees, 10 & Under Pee-Wees, 12 & Under Midgets
- $30 + Shirt Fee- 8 & Under Girls, 10 & Under Girls, 12 & Under Girls (Shirt must be paid for before order is placed, players will be able to keep their shirt)
- $15 - T-ball (Replacement Shirt - $10) (Must be 5 by Dec 31st, 2016)
- $ 200 MAXIMUM FEE IF 3 OR MORE PLAYERS IN THE SAME FAMILY
Baseball is a big summer time activity in Groton, as is evident by the impressive baseball/softball and soccer complex on the west side of town. The complex features one main field and two smaller fields. Teams from Groton have a history of success and competitiveness and a vast array of teams and coaches. The Legion Baseball Team, for ages 17-19, plays 50 games each season and is sponsored by the American Legion Post #39. The Legion team were the State champions in 2012.
All other teams are under the auspice of the City of Groton. These teams include the following: Teener Baseball, for ages 15-16, playing 40 games; Junior Teener Baseball, for ages 13-14, playing 30 games; Peewee/Midget Baseball, for ages 7-10, playing 20 games; Peewee/Midget Baseball, for ages 11-12, playing 20 games; Softball for ages 10 and under, 12 and under, and 14 and under, playing 10 games each. The teams compete against Webster, Sisseton, Milbank, Redfield, Aberdeen, Warner, Mellette, Watertown, Huron, Ipswich, Frederick, Claremont, and Britton. The teener team placed 5th in the State in 2012.
The City of Groton offers advertising to be attached to the fence by the baseball complex. If interested in participating, please print off the Groton Baseball Sign Contract and mail your signed contract along with payment. The City will provide a vinyl sign approximately 4 feet by 6 feet in size (at City expense) to be attached to the fence by the baseball complex. This will be continuously displayed from May to August. The cost of the sign is $200 per year or $600 for four years.